Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
some fresh sausage recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tender quick, mix
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Shape each half into slender roll about 3.8 cm (1-1/2 inches) in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap rolls and place on broiler pan.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of a roll reads 160°F (70°C) 50 to 60 minutes.
- Store wrapped in refrigerator.
- Use within 3 to 5 days or freeze for later use.