1/1 Photo of Herbed Rosemary Potato Focaccia
Chef #1144006's Note:
I've been playing around with Focaccia recipes all year and I finally have got it down! This recipe calls for dry herbs in the dough and is topped with fresh rosemary, sea salt and olive oil. Sometimes I top my bread with cheese. The topping possibilities are endless. Some other toppings I've tried are black olive and fresh thyme. The key to this recipe is the potato which makes the bread nice and tender on the inside.
My Private Note
12-18 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 russet potato, cut into cubes cooked tender then shredded
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 ounce fast rise yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, and extra for the baking sheet and drizzling
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1Proof yeast by combining warm water and yeast in a bowl. Let sit in a bowl for ten minutes or until frothy and bubbling.
- 2Boil potato and shred, let cool.
- 3Mix dry ingredients; combine flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and pepper.
- 4Mix cooled potato, olive oil and proofed yeast.
- 5Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients together until combined.
- 6Knead dough about 5-6 times.
- 7Put the dough in a slightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel.
- 8Let the dough rise for about 1 to 1.5 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- 9Here's a secret: Preheat your oven to 200 degrees for ten minutes then shut it off. Let your dough rise in the oven.
- 10When dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down and spread onto an oiled baking sheet. Let stand for another 30-45 minutes.
- 11Using your thumb or the back of a wooden spoon, making indentations across the dough.
- 12Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt and fresh rosemary.
- 13Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Rosemary Potato Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g