1/1 Photo of Herbed Romaine Salad With Strawberries and Feta
Fresh orange mint replaced standard variety of garden mint for a little different twist to the salad. *Fresh herbs only*, please! I don't know any reason why you couldn't substitute other seasonal berries in this salad: raspberries, blackberries, etc. From calgiant.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 ounces romaine lettuce hearts, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh orange mint leaf, chopped
- 12 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into thin slices (sprinkle lemon juice to stop the avocado from browning)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roasted
- 1Whisk the dressing ingredients together at least 1 hour before serving.
- 2Roast pistachios and set aside to cool.
- 3Gently toss the romaine lettuce with the tarragon, orange mint and strawberries.
- 4Arrange mixture on salad plates.
- 5Add the feta and avocado slices.
- 6Garnish with pistachios and serve with the dressing.
- 7Pass the pepper mill, if desired.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Romaine Salad With Strawberries and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 395.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g