Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs, crushed (such as marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and oregano)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsnip, and red onion in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine oil, garlic, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle over vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; stir vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
this vegetable recipe is great, try adding some fresh rosemary sprinkled on the top, and it brings out a wonderful flavour. Yum
The way roasted veggies should taste. According to hubby.
Oven- roasting vegetables is my favorite way to prepare them! I used what I had on hand; white potatoes, carrots, onion, cauliflower, parsley, oregano, and thyme. The last 15 minutes of cooking I added chunks of zucchini and sprinkled everything with the salt and pepper. I was pleasantly surprised that such a small amount of oil was enough!