Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A classic side dish and a very flavorful way to prepare your potatoes. I like to use half red potatoes and half yukon gold potatoes to give it a little extra color.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, pealed
- 3 lbs potatoes, cut into wedges
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F, oil a larg rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, thyme, rosemary and fennel seed to blend.
- Add the garlic and potatoes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, spread the potatoes in a single layer. Reserve the oil mixture in bowl.
- Roast the potatoes until golden brown and fork tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hours
- Drizzle with remaining oil. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
I love oven roasted potatoes! And these are very good. :). I did have mine in oven longer...about 70 minutes.
Made this just for 2 of us, & since these are such GREAT TASTING POTATOES, I'm looking forward to making them again, for company! Prep was so easy & the final result, OUTSTANDING! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
So very good. I left out the fennel seed sinceIdidn't have any but it tasted great. I would suggest cooking this on a higher rack since the rosemary burned a little bit but it was a great tasting recipe. Thank you for making our Christmas Eve dinner brighter!