Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
These potatoes are big favourite at my house during the holidays, and the biggest fan is my Greek brother-in-law, as they are similar to the way they prepare potatoes in the Greek restaurants.
- 3 lbs small potatoes (approx. 15)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Scrub and dry potatoes; cut into quarters.
- In a shallow roasting pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, parsley, rosemary and basil, turning the potatoes to coat with the oil mixture.
- Cook, covered, in a 350 degree F oven 45 to 55 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, turning once and uncovering for the last 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is my new roasted potato recipe. I didn't have rosemary so I used oregano instead. I also didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried. Very good potatoes! Thanks.
I made this using plain white potatoes cut into pieces since I didn't have any good small ones. I also substituted dried parsley because I didn't have any fresh and I used fresh basil from the garden. I added just a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice it up a little bit. It's excellent!
Really tasty. I never had a lot of luck with roasted potatoes until now. I didn't have 3 lbs of potatoes, so I threw in a small bag of baby carrots with the potatoes I had. I also quartered a medium onion, and added a 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves. Turned out really well.