Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I found that this recipe was best made for christmas and sunday dinners.
- 4 lbs boneless pork roast, tied
- 1 tablespoon slivered garlic
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- rosemary, springs (to garnish)
- sage, springs (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 180C,350F,Gas mark 4.
- With small sharp knife cut slits into meat and insert slivers of garlic into each of them.
- Brush all sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Place rosemary and sage under the string all around the roast.
- Transfer pork to a small roasting pan.
- cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes, until meat temperature is 160F.
- Transfer to a chopping board and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with herbs.
This roast had too much rosemary for our taste although the house smelled great while it was cooking,