Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Taste of Home Cookbook
Make and share this Herbed Roast Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1814.36-2721.55 g bone-in beef rib roast
- 4.92 ml fennel seed, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml marjoram
- 4.92 ml savory
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml rubbed sage
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml snipped chives
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- Trim and tie roast if desired. In a small bowl, combine the fennel seed, crushed rosemary, basil, marjoram, savory, thyme, and sage; rub over roast.
- Place fat side up in a roasting pan. Top with onion and rosemary sprigs. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F, medium 160°F, well-done 170°F).
- Discard onion and rosemary. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with beef.
This roast was delicious!!! I made it on the rotisserie in the BBQ. I coated the roast with the herbs and skipped the onion (didn't miss it!). The horseradish sauce was great - not too strong. I also used an outside round roast. I will absolutely be making my roast like this again! Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks Scarlett516! :)