Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Taste of Home Cookbook
- 1 (4 -6 lb) bone-in beef rib roast
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Trim and tie roast if desired. In a small bowl, combine the fennel seed, crushed rosemary, basil, marjoram, savory, thyme, and sage; rub over roast.
- Place fat side up in a roasting pan. Top with onion and rosemary sprigs. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F, medium 160°F, well-done 170°F).
- Discard onion and rosemary. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with beef.
This roast was delicious!!! I made it on the rotisserie in the BBQ. I coated the roast with the herbs and skipped the onion (didn't miss it!). The horseradish sauce was great - not too strong. I also used an outside round roast. I will absolutely be making my roast like this again! Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks Scarlett516! :)