Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tender and delicious. Recipe is from another site
- 3 -4 lbs chuck or 3 -4 lbs rump roast
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley, crushed
- Allow beef to reach room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients thoroughly. Coat roast with mixture. being sure ample is on top side,.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. do not add water.
- Roast uncovered, in preheated 325F oven approximately 30 min per lb or until meat thermometer registers 140 for rare or 150 for med rare.
Outstanding!! I had a 3.5 lb roast. It ended up in the oven 3 hours. I thought I'd burned it, but it was the most tender and flavorful roast I've ever done in the oven. The whole house smelled fantastic. I made spaetzle and steamed green beans to go with it. Definitely a keeper in my house!!
The roast I got had a lot of gristle to it, but this still made it taste oh so good. I will use this recipe again, hopefully with a better roast.
I made this over the weekend, with great results. I was worried about the cook time. I've never had good luck with the whole temp and time, matching. I had a 4.25 lb rump roast, cooked it for 2 1/2 hrs. a perfect med rare (pink no blood) just the way we love it. Will definately make again!! Thanks for the post, Jules Happy cooking