1/2 Photos of Herbed Ricotta Won Tons W/ Spicy Tomato Sauce
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Habanero peppers are fiery, so wear gloves while chopping them. To tame the sauce, substitute a jalapeño or poblano pepper. You can make the won tons ahead of time, freeze them, and bake just before serving. Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml part-skim ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml blanched almond, toasted
- 2.46 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh mint
- 29.58 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml fresh flat leaf parsley
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh chives
- 14.79 ml grated lemon rind
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1To prepare won tons:
- 2Place colander in a 2-quart glass measure or medium bowl.
- 3Line colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges of bowl.
- 4Spoon ricotta into colander.
- 5Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- 6Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 7Gently squeeze cheesecloth bag to remove excess liquid; discard liquid.
- 8Spoon ricotta into a food processor.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°.
- 10Place almonds and flour in a spice or coffee grinder, and process until finely ground.
- 11Set aside 3 tablespoons of almond mixture; add remaining almond mixture, mint, and next 8 ingredients (mint through garlic) to food processor.
- 12Process until smooth.
- 13Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon about 2 teaspoons ricotta mixture into center of each wrapper.
- 14Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite corners together. Press the edges together to seal, forming a triangle.
- 15Repeat procedure with remaining won ton wrappers and ricotta mixture.
- 16Place won tons on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper and coated with cooking spray.
- 17Brush won tons with lightly beaten egg white; sprinkle with reserved almond mixture.
- 18Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 19Cool won tons 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- 20To prepare sauce:.
- 21Place tomatoes in food processor; process until finely chopped.
- 22Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 23Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes.
- 24Stir in orange rind, sugar, and habanero pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
- 25Reduce heat to medium.
- 26Stir in tomatoes and basil; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 27Serve with won tons.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Ricotta Won Tons W/ Spicy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 268.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g