Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
for my herbs i am growning in my garden.
- 500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 cups mixed fresh herbs, chopped (we used flat-leaf parsley, oregano and rosemary leaves)
- 150 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- Place ricotta in a sieve over a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow excess moisture to drain from ricotta. Drain, wash and dry bowl. Spoon ricotta into the bowl. Add egg yolks. Mix until well combined. Add flour, herbs and 1 1/2 cups parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 160°C Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture per fritter, cook fritters in batches of 4, turning often with a metal spoon, for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray. Keep warm in oven while cooking the remaining fritters.
- Place fritters on a plate. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.