1 hr 30 mins
From Australian Super Food Ideas April 2007. Times at this point are estimated though I have included 1 hour chill time in preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ricotta in a sieve over a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow excess moisture to drain from ricotta.
- 2Drain, wash and dry bowl.
- 3Spoon ricotta into the bowl, add egg yolks, mixing well to combine, then add flour, herbs and 1 1/2 cups parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, stirring well to combine.
- 4Preheat oven to 160 degree celsius.
- 5Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture per fritter, cook fritters in batches of 4, turning often with a metal spoon, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- 7Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray, keep warm in oven while cooking the remaining fritters.
- 8Place fritters on a plate, sprinkle with remaining parmesan, season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Ricotta Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.3
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs