Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson
Make and share this Herbed Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup peas, lightly steamed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cored and diced (or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Toss the rice together with the vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and toss; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.