Recipe by Love Firmacion
Nutritious grain recipe, easy to cook and comforting to those who are very health conscious.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 onion, diced
- fresh parsley
- 5 basil leaves
- chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (any of your favorite bouillon)
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer slowly quinoa in chicken broth till grains are just a little bit al dente,.
- Add butter before broth gets totally absorbed. If you prefer it to be a little bit more cooked you may do so by adding more chicken broth according to your preference.
- When cooked put in a separate dish.
- Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil, add crumbled vegetable cube . When dissolved add curry and turmeric powder with the rest of the herbs.
- Add cooked quinoa and mix well until all flavors are evenly distributed. Serve topped with remaining fresh parsley and lime wedge -- .