Recipe by kelly in TO
Nice side dish.
Top Review by Greeny4444
This was very good. I didn't quite follow the directions as stated, but I followed the ingredient list. I made my quinoa, but I only had dried chives and dried parsley flakes, so I put those in (I just eyeballed the amounts) right before I took the quinoa off the heat. I also added a couple shakes of dry minced onion. I served this with five-spice tilapia and mixed veggies. It was good, thanks!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups homemade chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley (about 4 ounces)
- 1 bunch fresh chives (about 1/4 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and stock; bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed and the grains are translucent, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, pick 1/2 cup parsley leaves from stems, chop leaves coarsely, and set aside. Place remaining parsley leaves, parsley stems, and 1/4 cup water in a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer puree to a double layer of cheesecloth laid over a small bowl. Squeeze all liquid from the puree, discard solids, and set parsley juice aside.
- Add snipped chives, butter, and reserved parsley juice and chopped parsley into cooked quinoa, and mix until combined. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve.