Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a little different. They use basil and rosemary. See the two variations too.
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Rinse seeds well in cold water, removing all of the fibrous strings and pat thoroughly dry.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the oil and salt, rosemary and basil, stirring well to coat.
- Spread seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 350 degrees until crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning add more salt if desired.
- Variation 1 - For Spicy Seeds: Use 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- Variation 2 - For Indian Seeds: Use 1 tablespoons curry powder, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.