This is an adopted recipe - I love pumpkin soup, so I'm looking forward to making and editing this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb split peas
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb chunked fresh pumpkin, with out peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped yellow sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 slice crumbled cooked bacon (to taste, leave out if making vegetarian) (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Rinse split peas in cold water then add to stock in a large, heavy pot.
- 2Add pumpkin and remaining ingredients except for the parsley garnish.
- 3Simmer gently, partly covered, until peas and pumpkin are tender.
- 4Remove half of the soup from the pot and, either using a blender or immersion blender, puree half of the soup.
- 5Re-combine the pureed soup with the other half, and stir in 1/2 cup half and half.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot, garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Pumpkin and Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g