Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Small variant on some similar recipes I'd had before using sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- Place all ingredients except paprika, potato and cottage cheese into a cup and microwave 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir mixture well, cut two slices half way into potato, fill with mixture and place a little over the outside.
- Wrap with foil and bake for one hour at 180 celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Remove potatoes from foil, spoon cottage cheese over top and sprinkle with paprika.
I followed the ingredients as listed in the recipe. I did need to shorten the cooking time, so I microwaved the potatoes for a few minutes prior to putting them in the oven. I used lactaid cottage cheese and it worked fine.
I used 2 small Carisma potatoes (a low GI potato) and instead of wrapping them in foil I microwaved them for 6 minutes and while that was happening I discovered I didn't have any cottage cheese so went to use ricotta but not quite enough of it so mixed it with a low fat cream cheese and topped with a sprinkle of paprika and with a side salad of greens made for a quick and delicious lunch, thank you Peter made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #63 April 2012.
A kick it up baked potato that you are going to love. Even if you don't use cottage cheese, you will still enjoy the flavor from the herbs. I did not melt the butter. I mixed the ingredients together and put it into the potato where I cut a wedge out then put the wedge back on top. Less mess if you don't melt the butter. Made for Recipe Swap #62 Australian/New Zealand Cooking game