Recipe by Bluenoser
Cooking the potatoes in butter or oil instead of water captures their full flavor. Gentle stirring during cooking ensures evenly cooked vegetables.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 large potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In 8 cup microwave baking dish, combine onion, oil, butter, and garlic.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until onion is softened (stir once during cooking).
- Stir in parsley, basil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash and scrub potatoes well.
- Half lengthwise and cut each into 4 sticks.
- Add to baking dish.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender, stirring halfway through.
- To serve, spoon onion mixture over potatoes.