1/2 Photos of Herbed Potato Soup (Amazing)
I found this recipe either on this site (and it's disappeared) or another that I don't remember. I had this recipe memorized last winter! Although, over summer, I forgot, so I came looking for it on here recently. Since I found my written copy and since I don't see it here anymore, I am going to share it with you! What's great about this recipe is what you can do with it. I love to add chicken or cauliflower or broccoli or cheese to it at the end. (Requires an extra step!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add potatoes, cook over medium heat until tender. (Note: sometimes I add the cauliflower or chicken to the potatoes while they cook. You don't have to, but it's convenient.) Set aside. DO NOT DRAIN!
- 3Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in the butter until tender. Onions will have a sweet smell and will look glazed over.
- 4Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary (optional), and pepper.
- 5Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. If you like, add the cheese.
- 6Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Add potatoes (and extra, optional ingredients) with cooking liquid. Heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Potato Soup (Amazing)
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 739.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g