Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This hearty, slightly different soup is absolutely once of the best and easiest soups I have ever made. Great served with rye bread and butter.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 large onions
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 -3 bouillon cubes (depending on taste)
- 1 -1 1⁄3 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Peel & chop onion and bacon and place in frying pan. Cook until bacon is medium done and onions are translucent and golden. Drain fat, set aside.
- Peel & chop carrots and potatoes and place in large stock pot.
- Add onions and bacon.
- Just cover with warm water.
- Add 2 boullion (broken up) and a 3rd if necessary. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Boil until dead. You can not over cook this, you actually want it mushy.
- Halfway through add Italian Seasoning.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Either using a blender or food processer puree the soup. Reheat.