Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely and different potato salad.
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 4 cups fresh peas or 4 cups frozen peas
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes. Drain, let cool to touch, and cut into quarters.
- Cook fresh peas in salted boiling water for 6 minutes, frozen peas for 3 minutes. Drain under cold water and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss still-warm potatoes with about half of dressing and let cool.
- Combine with peas and bacon and add remaining dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Hearty and delicious. I did cut back on the oil a little but otherwise didn't change a thing. We liked the tanginess.