Recipe by ChrisMc
A fairly light dinner - the shiitake mushrooms add a rich flavor, though. This is a lot of mushrooms - I've had my best luck finding them (dried) at Asian food stores for a reasonable price.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup chicken stock (try instead of broth)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat the oil.
- Saute mushrooms until tender and remove from skillet.
- Rub the peppers, salt, garlic, and thyme over the pork.
- Cook chops in skillet 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Meanwhile, blend the cornstarch and stock.
- When the pork is done, add the mushrooms and stock.
- Cook, stirring gently, until thickened.