Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You will love this pork roast that is rubbed with a mixture of brown sugar, garlic and herbs.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 to 4 lbs)
- Combine all ingredients and rub over entire roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan and place in a preheated 500° oven.
- Immediately reduce heat to 350° and bake uncovered until meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Remove to a warm serving platter, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Make gravy from pan drippings.
AMAZING! My husband said it was the best pork he's ever had! I used the rub from this recipe and cooked it like #63828. It turned out phenomenal! My mother-in-law is crazy about pork loin, so we're going over there to cook it tonight! YUMMY!
the rub was great and the smell of the herbs while cooking was nice.Played with amount of garlic cause you can never have enough garlic I added white wine to the drippings with a little cornstarch to thicken for a nice sauce
Perfedtly delish! I cooked this per recipe, then left it in the oven at 200 till we were ready to eat (another 45 minutes), a 4 lb roast was done per directions in about 2.5 hours, we finished it with mashed taters and corn and it was wonerful.