Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Wonderful flavor. Marinate overnight.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 1/2 to 4 lb.)
- In a large oven cooking bag or resealable plastic bag, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Add roast; seal and turn to coat.
- Place bag in a shallow roasting pan.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning bag several times.
- If using the cooking bag, make several 1/2 inch slits in top of bag.
- If not, remove roast from plastic bag and place in the roasting pan; pour marinade over roast.
- Cover the pan (leave uncovered if using cooking bag) and bake at 325 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
This roast was just incredible. I used the cooking bag and the meat was so tender and juicy. The seasonings in the marinade were nothing short of fantastic. My family and I were so pleased with how this turned out. Thanks Nurse Di.
Another winner Nurse Di! This roast has an amazing flavor. I have a flavor injector needle, and I inserted some of the marinade deep into the meat with it. I marinated the exterior with the remaining sauce in a plastic bag overnight. Instead of roasting, I used my Showtime Rotisserie and cooked it for 2 hours. The roast developed a nice "crust" and the meat was so tender and flavorful! Even leftovers reheated the next day in the microwave were wonderful! Thanks for sharing this one!
wonderful roast...I only merinaded for 30 minutes and it was still delicious....thanks