Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was done on the barbeque but could easily be preepared in the oven.
- 3 -4 lbs pork loin roast, bone in
- 4 tablespoons wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (use a light bbq or grill sauce, I used Stonewall Kitchens Roasted Apple Grill Sauce)
- Season pork roast with salt & pepper.
- Make a paste with mustard, thyme, sage and garlic. Cover the roast with the herb mixture.
- Bake at 400 deg or cook on grill over indirect heat until internal temperature reaches 150 deg. (indirect heat - put one side of grill on high - place the roast on the other side with no heat or very low heat enough to keep the temp inside the bbq at 350-400 deg.
- Turn at least once during cooking time.
- Brush with Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grill Sauce during last 15 minutes of cooking. Approx time 1 1/2 - 2 hours for 3-4 lb. roast.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 10-15 minutes. You want the internal temp to rise to 155-160.