Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Golden brown, seasoned pork chops simmer with onion in a creamy mushroom sauce and are served over hot cooked rice.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- hot cooked rice
- Mix garlic powder, paprika and basil. Coat chops with garlic powder mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet. Cook chops 10 minute or until browned.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add soup and milk. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minute or until chops are done. Serve with rice.
- TIP: Serve with steamed snow peas, cut carrots and yellow rice. For dessert serve an apple cup: cubed Red and Golden Delicious apples topped with raisins and sliced almonds.
I think this will go over better in much cooler weather, however the hubby & son did snarf it down and told me I can make it again. Very quick and easy for work night. Chops were tender and juicy.
Thanks for sharing.
This was delicious! The Kids & Husband loved it. I took the advice of another reviewer and used Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream, in place of canned soup, it was wonderful! Chops were very tender, and the soup was creamy! I baked mine in the oven for about 20 minutes, instead of simmering. I will make this again!
Yum, this is one of my favorite meals for busy nights. I use Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream in place of the canned soup. I also place the seasonings in a zip-top bag, add in several heaping tablespoons of flour (just to make sure I get a good distribution of spices) and shake it with the meat; it also helps get a nice coating on the chops. I also prefer EVOO to the veggie oil. Delish!