Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, quick dinner. This is really good with rice or mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Herbed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- Mix flour, sage and thyme.
- Pat pork chops dry and then dredge in flour mixture.
- Saute pork chops in large skillet with butter until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes (add more butter if needed).
- Add soup and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and place pork chops back into skillet.
- Simmer until pork chops cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Very tasty dish. I don't usally go for recipes using canned mushroom soup as a base - however this one really won me over! The chops came out juicy and tender, with a nice gravy. I loved the mushrooms in this. I would have liked much more herb flavor and less saltiness - perhaps using a low sodium version of the soup would help, as well as fresh herbs. But still quite enjoyable and certainly something I would make again.
We used bone in pork chops and just chopped the bones out. Henceforth, we had more meat than this recipe probably called for, so we adjusted a little. We used the same 4 pork chops, but tripled the four mixture, and used two cans of cream of mushroom soup and a can of milk. things then seemed better adjusted to the change in the amount of meat. I made sure to cut off all the fat, and they still came out juicy and cooked well throughout the entire piece. It did take a lot longer to cook though, nearly an hour boiling in the soup. But, the recipe is good and I would definitely make this again.
Quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and we all enjoyed these. Good way to make pork chops.