Top Review by HS Kinn
So yummy! I ended up adding another cup of cornmeal, because I wanted it a bit thicker, and I subbed Silk Soy Creamer for the whipping cream. It was delicious! I used it to stuff acorn squash. :D Oh, and it makes a big batch.
- 1 cup assorted fresh herb leaves (such as mint, tarragon, parsley and basil)
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- to taste cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring small pot of water to boil.
- Add herbs and blanch 5 seconds.
- Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Place herbs and oil in blender and puree. Cover; chill.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead.) Bring water to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cornmeal.
- Cook until thickened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Stir in 1/4 cup herb puree. Season polenta with salt and cayenne. Serves: 4 Source: Bon Appetit Serve With: meats, roasts