1/3 Photos of Herbed Pizza Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
- 1Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except cornmeal in bread machine pan in order specified by owner manual.
- 2Program dough cycle setting; Press start.
- 3When dough is finished, remove dough from bread machine and let it rest 2 - 3 minutes.
- 4Pat and gently stretch dough from edges until dough seems to not stretch anymore. Let rest 2-3 minutes more. Continue patting and stretching until dough is 12 - 14 inches in diameter.
- 5Spray 12-14 inch pizza pan with cooking spray; Sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- 6Press dough into pan; Cover with towel and let stand in warm place for about 10 minutes *** I have added toppings with the dough from here and baked and it's great! But the recipe continues on -- ***
- 7Position oven rack in lowest position; Preheat oven at 500°F Prick crust with fork at 2 inch intervals, Bake 4 - 5 minutes or until top is dry but not yet golden.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Follow topping and baking directions for individual recipes.
- 10Makes 1 thick 12-inch crust or 1 medium-thick 14 inch crust. *** I've also been known to add garlic to this recipe.*** Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g