- 2⁄3 cup water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except cornmeal in bread machine pan in order specified by owner manual.
- Program dough cycle setting; Press start.
- When dough is finished, remove dough from bread machine and let it rest 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pat and gently stretch dough from edges until dough seems to not stretch anymore. Let rest 2-3 minutes more. Continue patting and stretching until dough is 12 - 14 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12-14 inch pizza pan with cooking spray; Sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- Press dough into pan; Cover with towel and let stand in warm place for about 10 minutes *** I have added toppings with the dough from here and baked and it's great! But the recipe continues on -- ***
- Position oven rack in lowest position; Preheat oven at 500°F Prick crust with fork at 2 inch intervals, Bake 4 - 5 minutes or until top is dry but not yet golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Follow topping and baking directions for individual recipes.
- Makes 1 thick 12-inch crust or 1 medium-thick 14 inch crust. *** I've also been known to add garlic to this recipe.*** Enjoy!
This turned out really well with good flavour and texture. I will use this recipe again. I had to use a little extra water in mine as the bread machine was making a thumping sound.
I mixed with my hands and kneed the bread "old school". Still came out great! I made 6 medium size pizzas!
I thought this was very good. I used half white/half wheat flour and added 1/2 tsp garlic powder. I also had to add more water as several reviewers stated. I added more than 1/4 cup because it was so dry; when I pulled it out of the machine to knead it, it was a little sticky and I added a tablespoon or two of flour and then it was perfect. The crust seemed to rise in the oven making it a little thick. We had no pizza left which means my kids liked it, too.