Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent served on fish, pasta or vegetables or served cold on crackers.
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, large crumbles
- 2 cups spinach leaves (* see note)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 3 cloves large garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place cheese in food processor; process, using on/off motion, until finely chopped.
- Add spinach, pecans, parsley and basil, garlic, and salt; process until evenly chopped.
- With motor running, gradually add oil; process until mixture is smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled; or spoon into saucepan and heat, stirring over low heat until hot.
- Notes: * fresh, firmly packed - washed and dried
I really enjoyed this sauce. It is basically pesto sauce with spinach and pecans instead of basil and pine nuts, and the substitutions were nice. Thanks for the recipe!