1/4 Photos of Herbed Pear Jam
1 hr 30 mins
This pear jam, flavored with wine, bay leaves and fruit is delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut 1/2 of pears into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2Finely chop remainder in processor.
- 3Combine all pears with wine in heavy large saucepan and set aside.
- 4Using veg peeler, remove half of peel from orange and lemon (colored part only).
- 5Thinly slice peel.
- 6Remove remaining peel and all white pith from orange and lemon.
- 7Chop pulp finely, discarding seeds and tough membrane.
- 8Stir sliced peel and chopped pulp into pears.
- 9Cover and simmer over medium heat 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 10Reduce heat to low, add sugar and bay leaves to pears and cook till sugar dissolves, swirling pan occasionally.
- 11Increase heat and bring to rolling but not foaming boil.
- 12Cook about 40 minutes, stirring frequently toward end of cooking time.
- 13NOTE: To test for doneness, remove pan from heat.
- 14Fill chilled spoon with jam, then slowly pour jam back into pan; last 2 drops should merge and sheet off spoon.
- 15One tbs jam ladled onto chilled plate and frozen 2 minutes should wrinkle when pushed with finger.
- 16Stir in lemon juice; discard bay leaves.
- 17Spoon jam into hot jars to 1/4" from top.
- 18Immediately wipe rim using towel dipped in hot water.
- 19Place lid on jar; seal tightly.
- 20Arrange jars in large pot, filled with water.
- 21Process 15 minutes in boiling water.
- 22Remove jars from water bath.
- 23Cool to room temperature.
- 24Store in cool dry place, for up to 1 year.
- 25Refrigerate after opening.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Pear Jam
Serving Size: 1 (4919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1064.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 268.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 241.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g