Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty, colorful vegetarian meal from BHG.
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules (or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozed pea pods, thawed and well drained
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Prepare linguine noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup water, cornstarch, and bouillon granules; stir to mix and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a big skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds; add the asparagus, carrots, and onion; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the pea pods, cashews, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to taste; saute about 1 minute or until veggies are crisp-tender; transfer veggies to another bowl.
- Add bouillon mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; continue cooking/stirring 1 minute more.
- Add vegetables back to the skillet; stir to coat and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Spoon linguine noodles onto individual plates; top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.