Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This comes from the cookbook Great Taste-Low Fat Vegetables.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide sticks.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and toss to coat. Add the Parmesan, oregano, rosemary and pepper and toss again.
- Transfer the potatoes to 2 baking sheets, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 40 minutes, turning every 12 minutes or till the potatoes are brown and crisp.
- Place the fries on a platter, sprinkle with salt and serve.
DH and I love food like this! Crisp, tasty, and not oily. Had this with meatloaf, Garlicky Sesame-Cured Broccoli Salad, and for dessert Limoncello and Lemon Cream Fruit Tart. Thanks nemokitty for sharing.
These were great. I didn't have rosemary so I used parsley instead and used olive oil to coat the fries.
So yummy. We all enjoyed these fries. I omitted the rosemary. Thanks Nemokitty :) Made for 123 hit wonders