Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The classic flavors of basil, oregano, and Parmesan wrapped inside bite-sized won tons. Yum!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- Heat Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes for according to package instructions.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and chopped oregano into the potatoes until well blended.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of the potato mixture into a single won ton wrapper.
- Tear off a small piece of basil leaf (about an inch) and press it into the potato mix.
- Fold up won tons and seal by wetting the edges with water.
- Repeat for remaining won ton wrappers (will make about 50-60 won tons).
- In a large pot of boiling water, boil the won tons for 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcrowd the won tons in the pot; work in batches as necessary.
I couldn't stop eating these won tons! These are the perfect side item and a great way to spice up serving mashed potatoes.
Tried this recipe and it was absolutely delicious!!!!