Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe comes from " Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking" I have served this for company, it is a great dish to impress but is oh so simple. I serve it with new potatoes. Warm Greens with Emerils Herb Vinaigrette Mushroom Pate In Phyllo Pastry Baskets Emerils Herb Vinaigrette 7 Layer Cookies - Epicurean
- 1 cup emerils herb vinaigrette
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh herbs (tarragon, basil, chives,parsley, oregano)
- 1 cup water
- warm greens
- Prepare Emerils Herb Vinaigrette and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper. Spread the mustard on both sides of the salmon, dredge them in the herb mixture and pat the herbs into the fillets with your hand.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Place the salmon in the skillet and sear them on the first side, for about 1 1/2 minutes Flip the fillets over and remove skillet from heat.
- Add the water carefully around the salmon ( not on top) and place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 6 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking prepare the Warm Greens.
- To serve, place one serving of the greens on each plate, top with a salmon fillet, and spoon 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over.
very good and leftovers are still very tasty hot or cold