Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet gormet active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh rosemary or dried rosemary
- Prepare dough in Bread Machine following your machine's instructions.
- Once dough has risen, punch it down and remove from Bread Machine.
- Cut in half and place both balls of dough on lightly floured bread board.
- Gently roll and stretch until you have two baquettes.
- Alternately, you can roll into ball-shaped loaves for a nice change of pace.
- Place loaves onto lightly olive-oiled non-stick baking sheet and allow to rise for 1/2 hour.
- Make 3 diagonal slices on the top of each loaf with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle top of loaves lightly with olive oil, rosemary and additional kosher salt.
- You can also use other herbs to your taste.
- Place loaves in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack before slicing.
- Best served warm with plenty of butter or olive oil& balsamic vinigar for dipping.