Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the 1st 6 ingredients.
- Add potatoes, a few at a time; toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan.
- Drizzle with remaining oil mixture and bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 55 min.
- or until tender.
- Stir occasionally while cooking and sprinkle with parsley when done.
This is very similar to a recipe I found in either Taste of Home or Sunset cookbook...love this. I always serve this when having French Dip. Thanks for posting!
I didnt have the herbs, so I substituted with a rosemary and garlic mix I had. Delicious, even the picky eaters devoured this! Only problem I had was that the bits of onion in the soup mix started to burn. Next time I'll cook it at a little lower temperature.