Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love grilled fish. Here is another great recipe.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; dip fillets.
- Grill, covered over hot coals for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Probably the best fish dish I have had up to date. We substituted the lemon zest and juice for butter melted with copped garlic (im not a fan of lemon on fish). We put the filet's in the broiler also and about 5 min in we poured the rest of the butter garlic over the fish and the roasted garlic on the top just made the dish :)
Weather wasn't great tonight so had to broil these in the oven. Cooked them for 10 minutes on broil and they were perfect. Only change I made was to omit the thyme - personal preference. I felt that it needed more of the butter lemon mixture so I would increase the amounts next time. Wonderful flavor, wonderful dinner. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
Wonderful! I served over a salad with avacado, black beans, hard boiled egg, and Rotel, with a little basalmic vinegar. Great healthy meal. Thank you!