Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very Very flavourful!! from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 2 lbs unpeeled red potatoes (5 or 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Let cool, cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In extra large fry pan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red pepper and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and dried or fresh herbs.
- Cook, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; cook 30 seconds longer.
- Serve Hot.
This was REALLY good. I have all these herbs growing fresh in the garden, so love a recipe that uses them. It was easy, reasonably quick, and tasty. Season it well and you'll really enjoy it. Thanks.
Comfort food,mmmhhhmmm I did the potatoes the night before and put it together after work. Nice for summer fare doesn't heat up the kitchen!
These potatoes were outstanding Derf. Made them first b/f adding to recipe#75234. Great flavor combinations and the two together were sensational. I can't say enough. I"ll be adding some crumbled sausage and/or bacon next time to satisfy all pallettes in the family. Thanks Derf. Made for March Beverage Tag~