These are the most wonderful potatoes. My family all really love them. How nice to have wonderful and easy in the same recipe. When new potatoes aren't available I have used the bags of very small potatoes available in any supermarket. This recipe is too good to be left for only one time of year!
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the whole potatoes, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Cook tightly covered 20 to 30 minutes over low-heat until fork tender. Don't overcook! (check at 20 minutes).
- Shake the pot several times to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the bottom or burning. *Don't remove the lid.
- Turn the heat off and keep the lid on for another 5 minutes.
- Toss gently with herbs and serve hot.