These are the most wonderful potatoes. My family all really love them. How nice to have wonderful and easy in the same recipe. When new potatoes aren't available I have used the bags of very small potatoes available in any supermarket. This recipe is too good to be left for only one time of year!
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the whole potatoes, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Cook tightly covered 20 to 30 minutes over low-heat until fork tender. Don't overcook! (check at 20 minutes).
- Shake the pot several times to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the bottom or burning. *Don't remove the lid.
- Turn the heat off and keep the lid on for another 5 minutes.
- Toss gently with herbs and serve hot.
These were great, and very easy! I used baby new potatoes and turned the heat up to low/med as my low was not enough to get these cooking, but once I did that they cooked quickly and easily and the aroma in the house was wonderful. Even my toddlers enjoyed them - family friendly tasty recipe -- thank you for sharing!
Have made these over and over. Love them!
These were great! Thanks for the recipe... it will definitely be repeated. I used dill and parsley.