Recipe by Vanessa
For all those potato lovers...I've found one of the trillion ways to cook potatoes:P. This came from "Grandma's Kitchen: Treasured family recipes".
Top Review by KellyMac6
Good and easy! I made with Yukon potatoes because that is what I had on hand and I know it would have been tastier with the new potatoes. The herbs gave a fresh taste and the potatoes were fall apart delicious. I served with roast chicken. Thank you for posting this recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 12 small new potatoes
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced or 1 1⁄3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons fresh chives, minced or 1 1⁄3 teaspoons dried chives
- fresh parsley sprig, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel 1/2-inch strip around the center of each potato and immediately place potatoes in medium saucepan of cold water.
- Add enough additional water to the saucepan to cover the potatoes by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the potatoes are easily pierced by a fork but firm (20 minute approx.). Drain them.
- Do not overcook and cover to keep warm.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH until melted.
- Stir in minced parsley and chives.
- Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spoon the potatoes into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
- You can also sprinkle with chopped, cooked bacon and finely minced green onions.