Recipe by chia
posted by request from my cookbook called the "well stocked pantry".
Top Review by French Tart
A FABULOUS recipe for a mustard that is a little different - thanks chia! I make my own mustards all the time, so this was a great find for something new. I used fresh herbs from my garden - chervil, tarragon, parsley, basil and summer thyme. I have used this several times now in sandwiches and on grilled chicken and meats. Made for ZWT5 - merci chia! FT:-)
- 1⁄3 cup white mustard seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb (or 2 tsp dried, such as basil, herbes de provence, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat mustards, wine and vinegar in a saucepan on low heat.
- cover and cook for 7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- blend with an imersion blender until smooth.
- add sugar, simmer for 7 minutes more.
- stir in herbs.
- cool and pour into sterilized jars.
- keep refrigerated up to 3-4 weeks.