Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in the 2012 version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was created by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen and is described as: "Chock-full of mushrooms and a variety of herbs, this is especially tasty spooned over pork chops, beef tenderloin, chicken or even pasta."
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced or 3⁄4-1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add 1 1/4 c chicken broth, rosemary and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by two-thirds.
- Add 2/3 c broth, sherry, teriyaki and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir over high heat until mixture is reduced by two-thirds.
- Add remaining broth. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk powder and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until blended. Stir mixture into sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the cheese, mustard and oregano.
- Stir until cheese is melted.