Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, halved
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Brush a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and onions; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Scrape into very large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet. Add mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Scrape mushrooms into bowl with celery.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sausages to same skillet.
- Saute until brown and cooked through, breaking into 1/2-inch pieces with back of spoon, about 8 minutes; add to bowl with vegetables.
- Add 1 cup of broth and 3 tablespoons brandy to same skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Pour broth mixture into same bowl; add herbs, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Mix in bread.
- Spoon stuffing into prepared dish.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove plastic, cover stuffing with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake until top begins to brown, about 25 minutes longer.