1/2 Photos of Herbed Mushroom Round Steak- Crock Pot
8 hrs 10 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Let the crock pot do the work for a wonderful entree.The long cooking time tenderizes this cut of beef. From BHG, Crockery CookBook, with my changes. Note: If your crock pot cooks hot, please add 1/2 soup can of water into the soup mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef steaks, round (3/4 inch thick) or 2 lbs top sirloin steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or 2 (4 ounce) jars mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea (optional)
- 1Trim fat from meat.
- 2Cut into serving sizes, if needed.
- 3In a large heavy skillet, brown beef on both sides in hot oil.
- 4Lightly spray the liner of a 4-quart crocker pot with cooking spray. ,.
- 5Spear one bay leaf with a toothpick (to be able to find and remove after cooking.
- 6Mix soup with spices and pepper.
- 7Meanwhile, place onion slices, green peas and mushrooms.in bottom of crock pot.
- 8Remove beef from skillet and place in crock pot on top of veggies.
- 9De-glaze pan with white wine,scrapping up meat bits.
- 10Add soup mixture to skillet and whisk to blend well; pour over meat in crock pot.
- 11Place speared bay leaf into mixture.
- 12Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 hours.
- 13REMOVE bay leaf and toothpick.
- 14Serve over cooked noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Mushroom Round Steak- Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.6
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.7 mg
- Sodium 623.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 51.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: