Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, easy and yummy after school snack or weekend lunch. Got this recipe off a colleague many moons ago.
- 4 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 English muffins
- Coat pan in cooking spray, heat and add mushrooms and shallots, cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in water, stock and mustard - cook gently until mushrooms are soft.Drain excess liquid if necessary.
- Remove from heat stir in sour cream and herbs.
- Lightly toast muffins, heap mushroom mix onto muffins - enjoy.