1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (half of a 17.3 oz. package)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1Melt butter in a big skillet over medium heat; add in onion; cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add in mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes until mushrooms release liquid.
- 3Add salt, thyme, pepper, and sage; saute 1 minute.
- 4Add in wine; simmer 15-20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed; cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°.
- 6Meanwhile, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12 ½ inch square.
- 7Neatly trim to 12-inch square; cut sheet into sixteen 3-inch squares.
- 8Brush each square with a little egg; spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon filling in center of each square.
- 9Fold each square of pastry in half diagonally into a triangle, bringing one corner to opposite corner.
- 10Gently pinch edges together to seal, making sure all the filling is sealed inside.
- 11With tines of fork, press edges together to seal.
- 12Cut a few small slashes in top of each turnover; brush each turnover with some of the egg.
- 13Bake for 14-17 minutes or until puffed and golden; serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Mushroom Envelopes
Serving Size: 1 (777 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 194.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g