Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Posted by request
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (half of a 17.3 oz. package)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Melt butter in a big skillet over medium heat; add in onion; cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes until mushrooms release liquid.
- Add salt, thyme, pepper, and sage; saute 1 minute.
- Add in wine; simmer 15-20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed; cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12 ½ inch square.
- Neatly trim to 12-inch square; cut sheet into sixteen 3-inch squares.
- Brush each square with a little egg; spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon filling in center of each square.
- Fold each square of pastry in half diagonally into a triangle, bringing one corner to opposite corner.
- Gently pinch edges together to seal, making sure all the filling is sealed inside.
- With tines of fork, press edges together to seal.
- Cut a few small slashes in top of each turnover; brush each turnover with some of the egg.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until puffed and golden; serve warm or at room temperature.